Photo by MKLoeffler Photography

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Long time, no blog!

Hey friends and family! I haven't blogged in SO long and since both babies are napping (LOVE coordinated naps!), I thought I'd share a bit of what's on my heart.

As most of you know, we experienced a couple plagues, or so it seemed, here on the Lawson homefront recently. We all 4 caught a virus that had us coughing and snotting all through the week of Christmas and then I had the kidney stone and ovarian cyst. Well, the doctor was kind enough to give me some great medicine for the pain, but last night my body refused to sleep because I had stopped taking the medicine (that, and I think I slept 75% of the last week, so I was all "slept-out").

I went in and watched Eli and Emmanuel sleep. Eli is almost THREE! How did that happen? And why does he sometimes hug me, love me, say sweet things to baby Emmanuel and then turn around and throw a tantrum over a lost Woody and Buzz Buzz? But as he lay sleeping, God reminded me that my children are not mine. They are HIS, on loan to me for a short time. I've been tasked with bringing these two sweet babies up as He wants me to. And I gasped as I took a moment to evaluate how I'm doing.

Most of my days are filled with doing. Sewing for clients, washing dishes, cooking meals, picking up toys. How often do I stop and sit down to just stare at my beautiful kids? Rarely, and even then only for a split second. How often do I say, "Not right now, Mommy's busy!" At least 100 times a day. When was the last time I spent intentional time teaching Eli something? Too long ago to remember.

So, change is coming to the Lawson ranch! Teaching Eli how to write letters is more important than the dried up shredded cheese on the kitchen floor (a mouse will probably come eat it if I leave it long enough, anyway). Bundling the kids up and going outside is far more beneficial than getting the dishes done (or worse yet, wasting time on Facebook). But, I need to remember it's a balance. Jesus was the King of balance. He spent time with his disciples, with the lost, and with the hurting, but He also took time to rest and to pray. He met the needs around Him, He invested in those whom were willing to listen, and He spent time with the Father.

I'm not sure I'll ever master life as a stay-at-the-crazy-house-mom. But for now, with a renewed spirit in tow, I'll keep the priorities He has set for me and make sure my actions reflect that. Nope, this isn't a new year's resolution. It's an "I'm tired of living like this" plan for change.

Excuse me while I go creep on my sleeping kids. :)

Gwenny

No comments:

Post a Comment